Do you think you might want to coach some day? We offer an All Mountain Coach Mentorship Program* to a select number of athletes. This program offers 6 days minimum of coaching instruction (3 staff training days, and 3 standard coaching days as well as, based on performance, the potential for 1 paid coaching day).
Athletes applying to this program will still register as athletes in the club and train and compete with their peers. Normal registration fees would apply to successful candidates. Athletes accepted into this program will learn coaching basics and develop the perspective of a coach. On completion of the course, athletes in this program will be well-prepared to achieve their nationally sanctioned coaching certification.
The program curriculum will provide instruction in the following areas:
- Group Management
- Ski Technique Progressions
- Leadership that generates energy and enthusiasm
- Warm up and physical / mental preparation
- Wise choice of ski terrain
Acceptance to the LLAMSC Coach Mentoring Program will be based on the following criteria:
- Only athletes aged 15+ will be considered.
- Ski Ability
- Maturity and communication skills
- Enrolled in the Big Mountain (45 day) or Freeride program (30 day)
This program has very limited acceptance. In general only 1-4 athletes are chosen each year.
* While it is a possibility that athletes completing the coach mentorship program may be employed by the Lake Louise All Mountain Ski Club at some point, there is no guarantee of this occurring and athletes and parents should not expect employment with the club to be a result of program completion.
Questions? Please contact our Program Director at programdirector@ lakelouiseallmountain.ca